Commercial real estate transactions require evolved legal knowledge to best ensure that all aspects of a deal are considered and pitfalls are avoided.
We emphasize creative handling of complicated transactions for commercial clients in all industries, and can provide one-on-one counseling or teams of experienced attorneys at short notice to help our clients achieve their goals.
Our clients are owners, managers, investors and developers of commercial, industrial and mixed-use properties in the Twin Cities and Denver metropolitan areas and greater Midwest. The development projects we work on involve everything from raw land to shopping centers to downtown office complexes.
Lindquist & Vennum works with major lenders to negotiate appropriate lending and loan restructuring. We also handle real estate joint ventures, syndications, sale and lease-back agreements, and formulate other arrangements to finance acquisition, development, and construction projects.
Our practice includes extensive experience in:
- Land investment, development, and use, including joint ventures and build-to-suit projects
- Real estate transfers, including negotiating and documenting acquisitions
- Leasing: from office, retail, and industrial properties to recreational space
- Formation, workout, and enforcement of real property and mixed-collateral financings
- Construction, including design-build and 1031 exchanges (including reverse and construction exchanges)
- Environmental compliance
- Tax-increment financing and developments
Our attorneys’ experience in dealing with public agencies helps clients plan for and achieve compliance with regulations concerning planning, zoning, and environmental impacts, as well as address other constraints on real estate development and land use.